Tuesday 4 January 2011

Verkerke Designs

I have found on http://www.etsy.com/ some amazing 1980s items for sale, some of which are folders, postcards and handbags, with designs from Verkerke - these airbrushed designs are amazing and I remember that I had a Verkerke design bag back in the 80s - apparently they are rare and hard to find items.  Where did mine go? !!!!

I can't find much about the designer online but his designs were also used by using pictures of 80s bands such as Wham! and Duran Duran.

Off now to try and find some more about Verkerke (from Holland I think?) online and shall post any information I find.

Tegwen x


A great 80s bag with the Verkerke Design




3 comments:

  1. UPDATE - Not sure if Verkerke is an actual person or a design, art company, if anyone knows anything about the artist / art company, I'd love to know more.

    Thanks

    Tegwen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verkerke is the company who brought out these bags and stationery items, the artist is (I think) Gerry the cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot Verkerke's items by gerry the cat, if interested mail me at @ elisa@chantillyshop.com : )

    ReplyDelete