Friday 7 January 2011

Favourite 1980s Partnerships!

Here are just SOME of my favourite 1980s partnerships, from on/off lovers, to 80s bands, and will they / won't theys - (not forgetting the ones based in the 1980s such as Gene and Alex ((Galex)) from Ashes to Ashes)
 
Tegwen x
 
 
A brilliant 1980s sitcom - one which I loved as a kid, it's got great comedy, great 80s cars and clothing and a great on/off relationship between Penny and Vince, not to mention Vince's sexy smile and cheeky personality!  A must have!


Staying up to watch Moonlighting as a kid in the 1980s - I loved it, Maddie Ferguson's 80s clothing are superb, and of course the whole will they / won't they aspect of the show which kept fans on tenderhooks


This is also a personal favourite - the dashing young Pierce Brosnan and the gorgeous Stephanie Zimbalist - it has comedy, action, great 80s outfits and great references to old movies in every episode


A great 80s duo - my favourite at the time was Andrew, but as I got older it has to be George Michael - I had a bright yellow sweater with the sleeves cut off at the top of the shoulders - and the name "Wham!" written in red at the front - I adored that jumper - wish I had kept it x


Yazoo - I adore this two piece 80s synth duo - Alison Moyet's haunting voice still sends chills to this day - my favourite being "Only You" - which was rather murdered by another group in the 1980s (who I shall not name!) who had more of a hit with the song than Yazoo!  (Unbelievable)!!!


My all time fave - OMD - who can forget hearing their beautiful songs on Ashes to Ashes many a time - I got the chance to see them at Liverpool Echo in October of last year (2010) and was one of the best concerts I've ever been to - I have to admit that I had tears in my eyes during their rendition of Joan of Arc and Souvenir - best band of all time x
 
And of course the one that makes me find comparisons between old and new is Ashes to Ashes and Dempsey and Makepeace - a posh pretty female police officer and a hot-shot partner - with amazing cars, fashion and great 1980s London locations - including the London docklands where some of Ashes to Ashes was filmed - not forgetting all that sexual tension - anyhoot what I loved about Dempsey and Makepeace is the fact they actually got married in real life - and I did have a D&M annual which I read religiously.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment