Thursday 23 December 2010

Alex Drake - Ashes to Ashes - Prop Find - The Gorgeous Stripe Sofa!

My First Blog and my first Post!!!

Whilst trawling through vintage 1980s photos online I came across some great interior design photos - and to my amazement found this gorgeous stripe sofa as featured in Alex Drake's London flat in the cult TV programme "Ashes to Ashes" - this is a must have sofa and would complement any vintage 80s room.  I am still trying to find one for myself.
I remember my parents had a similar one in the 1980s in pastel pink and grey probably from the great 80s DIY and Furniture store "MFI" where I got most of my 1980s bedroom furniture.

Now that I have physically found a photo; all I need now is the sofa!

If anyone knows of a similar sofa for sale then please contact me on the blog.

Many thanks,

Tegwen


1 comment:

  1. Had green cream black version in 1980s, 2 x 2 seaters, made for me by Bath Cabinet Makers, sadly no longer in business - I wanted to get new ones in black white grey but no luck at all.

    ReplyDelete